I am really, really, really happy.
These are the new titles Gotham comics has brought out this month:
- Astonishing X-Men #1 by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday.
- Wolverine: The End #1 (of 4) by Paul Jenkins and Claudio Castellini.
- Nightcrawler #1 (of 4) by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Darick Robertson.
- Green Lantern:Rebirth #1(of 5) by Geoff Johns and Ethan von Sciver.
- Identity Crisis#1 (of 7) by Brad Meltzer and Rags Morales.
- Elektra: The Hand #1 by Akira Yoshida and Christian Gossett.
- Planetary #1 ( of a possible 24) by Warren Ellis and John Cassaday.
This is of course in addition to the regular stuff, J Michael Straczynski’s Spiderman run, Ultimate Spiderman, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Six, Superman: Birthright, The Ultimates, Teen Titans and The Flash. And of course, reprints of Kingdom Come and The Dark Knight Returns.
Why I am happy about all these titles coming in is that most of this is new, not reprints from a year ago. (Planetary is old, true, but the very fact that this is being reprinted shows that someone at Gotham genuinely likes comics, because this is hardly standard Superhero fare.) I was pretty sure that Identity Crisis would be reprinted soon enough. I am just waiting for when 1602 (Gaiman’s eight-issue miniseries that ties Marvel continuity to Elizabethan England ) is brought out in India.
The colour seperations on Astonishing X-Men are…astonishing.