Some non-googleable questions from Infinite Rampage – The comics quiz. You might have to click on the images to see them full-size.
1) Page from a work in progress influenced by Islamic mythology, the same way the creator’s previous work was influenced by Christian theology. Which creator? Also name his earlier work, which won a lot of awards and critical acclaim? ( There is a visual clue about the person’s previous work in the page.)
2) Which well-known graphic novelist illustrated this cover of The New Yorker?
3) Both earlier works of a famous cartoonist. Name him.
4) What’s the movie reference in this seminal page?
5) Which comicbook series is this movie based on?
6) Both these comic characters have the same name. What name?
7) This is the cover to a reissue of a well-known classic, drawn by a famous comic book creator. For full points, identify the classic and name the artist.
8) These three covers are homages to a very famous cover from the seventies. Which original cover and who was the artist?
9) What does this map represent?
10) Where would you see this strip? The artwork is by Dave Gibbons, co-creator of Watchmen and Martha Washington.
Answers whenever I feel like it.