I leave the US of A on Monday night.
In the last one and a half months, I have –
- been part of a team that’s delivered a feature-complete product a day ahead of deadline.
- seen my first Monet, Titian, Manet, El Greco and Gainsborough. And these were names I remembered off the top of my head.
- visited my first comicbook shops.
- bought out full runs of comics and manga and exceeded my weight limit by 20 kilos.
- been to my first Comic book convention. Woo Hoo!
- indulged in Major Comic art acquisitions, 32 in all.
- managed to buy Perfect Gifts.
- visited 5-level used record/CD/DVD outlets, each of which made me want to sit in a corner and whimper to myself.
- held original first printings of the first three Dark Tower books in my hands, caressed them for about twenty minutes, put them back gently in their display cases and cried on the way out.
- eaten The Crappiest Biryani Evah, and priced at 8.99$ to boot.
- had surprise packages mailed to me from Spain.
- become part-time Web Elf for the coolest Electronic Dance Music site ever.
- not had the time to write about all these. Mostly because of point (1), but that will soon be remedied.